Highlights for JEE Main April Online Application Form
- The original JEE Main Online Application Form last submission date was March 6th. Now the last date has been extended to March 12th
- The announcement was made earlier today by NTA themselves on the official website: https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/webinfo/public/home.aspx
- Reason for the extension is the several requests made by JEE Main aspirants
JEE Main April 2020 – National Testing Agency (NTA) has released exam dates of JEE Main 2020 April session. The exam authorities will conduct the examination on April 5, 7, 8, 9 and 11. The registration process for JEE Main April 2020 will be open from February 7 to March 7. Both papers of JEE Main exam will be conducted in computer based mode except for the drawing section of JEE Main Paper 2 (B.Arch) which will be conducted in paper and pencil. Paper 2 has been divided into two exams – B.Plan and B.Arch. The examination will be held in the morning and evening shift at 255 test centres in India and 9 abroad. The admit card of JEE Main 2020 will be released by NTA on March 16. JEE Main April 2020 exam is a national level entrance exam conducted by NTA for admission to UG engineering degree programmes. Read this article to know about the eligibility, important dates, exam pattern, results and more.
JEE Main is a national level screening test conducted every year to offer admission into B.E, B.Tech, B.Plan and B.Arch programmes.
Overview of JEE Main April 2020
|Examination Name||Joint Entrance Examination Main (JEE Main)|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Purpose of Examination||Admission into NITs, IIITs and CFTIs and a qualifying test for JEE Advanced 2020|
|Category||Undergraduate (UG) Exam|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Number of Sessions||January & April (Twice in a year)|
|Mode of Examination||Paper-1: Computer-based testPaper-2:Mathematics and Aptitude – computer-based testPlanning section (B.Plan) – computer-based testDrawing test (B.Arch) – pen-and-paper based exam|
|Number of Applicants||Over 12 Lakh|
|Participating States||Haryana, Nagaland, Odisha, Uttarakhand and Madhya Pradesh|
|States accepting JEE Main Scores||Chandigarh, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Rajasthan|
|Number of test centres||264 (India and Abroad)|
|Official Web Portal||jeemain.nic.in and nta.ac.in|
JEE Main 2020 Important Dates
|Events||JEE Main 2020 (April Session)|
|Mode of Examination||Computer Based Examination|
|Registration Begins||February 7, 2020|
|Registration Ends||March 7, 2020 EXTEND March 12, 2020|
|Last Date for Application Fee Submission||March 8, 2020|
|Availability of Admit Cards||March 16, 2020|
|Examination Dates||April 5, 7, 8, 9, 11, 2020|
|Announcement of Results||April 30, 2020|
JEE Main April 2020 Eligibility Criteria
|1||Educational Qualification||He/She must have passed in class 12 or equivalent exam in 2019 or 2020 or appearing in the academic year 2020.|
|2||Age Limit||No age limit for appearing in the JEE Main 2020 examination. They should have also age meet the requirements of the Institution in which they want to take admission.|
|3||No. of Subjects in Qualifying Exam||He/She should have qualified in the qualifying examination or equivalent with at least five subjects in 12th class such as Language, Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational Subject/Other Subjects.|
For B.Arch- He/She must have passed the qualifying exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
For B.Plan – Should have passed qualifying exam with Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
|4||Admission to courses in IITs, IIITs, NITs & CFTIs through CSAB||He/She should have qualified in the qualifying exam with a minimum of 75% marks. For SC/ST, minimum 65% marks needed.|
JEE Main April 2020 Reservation Criteria
|Persons with Disability (PwD) with 40% or more||3% (horizontal)|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.50%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC), Non-Creamy Layer (NCL)||27%|
JEE Main 2020 Application Fee
Candidates can pay the application fee using Credit/Debit card/Net Banking/Paytm/Cash Cards/SBI Buddy Wallet or they can also download e-challan and make the payment in any branch of Syndicate Bank, Canara Bank or ICICI Bank. Fee once paid will not be refunded in any case. The updated fees for JEE Main 2020 is tabulated below
Application Fee – Candidates participating for exam centres in India
|Paper (s) appearing||General/OBC (Rs.)||SC/ST/PWD/Transgender (Rs.)|
|JEE Main Paper 1 or Paper 2||250 (Girls)500 (Boys)||250 (Girls)250 (Boys|
|Both JEE Main Paper I and Paper II||450 (Girls)900 (Boys)||450 (Boys)900 (Boys)|
JEE Main Application Form 2020
JEE Main Application Process for January session is over. Applications for JEE Main April session will be out by February 7, 2020. The application form can be filled through online mode only. Candidates will have to fill personal details, educational details, contact details, medium of language, choice of paper and exam center city.
Before filling the online application form of JEE Main April 2020 for new registration, they have to be ready with the following things,
- A computer with good internet connectivity
- All details of educational qualification
- Scanned images of photograph (10 kb to 200 kb) and signature (4 kb to 30 kb) in JPG/JPEG format
- Valid email id and mobile number
- Payment details – Debit/Credit card or Net Banking
The candidates will have to follow the steps given below to fill the JEE Main April 2020 application form.
Step-1: Online Registration
Step-2: Filling online application form
Step-3: Uploading of scanned images
Step-4: Fee payment – Debit/credit card, net banking & e-challan.
Step-5: Take a print out of confirmation page
Apply Now: Click Here
JEE Main Statistics
- 9.34 Lakh candidates registered for JEE Main 2020 January session.
- The total number of applicants for JEE Main 2019 were around 9.29 lakh for the January Session against a total of approximately 9.58lakh applicants in the April Session of JEE Main 2019.
- For JEE Main 2018, around 11.5 lakh candidates registered. Out of which, 2.25 lakh had opted for online mode examination while 9.25 lakh candidates took JEE Main in offline mode. As compared to last year, the numbers show an overall dip in registrations but rise in test takers for computer-based examination.
JEE Main Form Correction
JEE Main Form Correction window for January session was open from October 14, 2019 to October 20, 2019 for making changes in the online form. Applicants can check their form status later by logging into their portal. Also, the link for image correction in JEE Main application form is activated at the official website.
JEE Main Photo Size
|Image||File size||Dimensions||File Format|
|Photograph (with name and date of taking photo)||10 kb to 200 kb||3.5 cm x 4.5 cm||JPEG/JPG|
|Signature of Candidate||4 kb to 30 kb||3.5 cm x 1.5 cm||JPEG/JPG|
JEE Main April 2020 – Admit Card
The admit card of JEE Main 2020 for April session will be released by NTA on March 16. Candidates will be able to download the admit card from the website by using application number and date of birth or application number and password. Aspirants who submit the online application form of JEE Main April will be eligible to download the admit card. After downloaded JEE Main April 2020 admit card, they have to check the details present on it are correct. If any discrepancies found on the admit card, they have to contact the exam authorities to clear the issue. The admit card of JEE Main 2020 is a mandatory document to appear for the entrance test. So, it should be preserved till the end of the admission process.
JEE Main 2020 Result
The result for JEE Main 2020 January session has been declared on January 17, 2020. Result for JEE Main is released separately for B.E/B.Tech, B. Arch and B. Planning papers. The result can be downloaded from nta.ac.in. NTA will award students with percentile scores and not ranks. NTA uses Normalization Procedure in order to nullify the effects from varying difficulty level in question paper sets in different shifts.
JEE Main Result for January and April sessions will be compiled and final merit list will be formulated. For candidates appearing in both sessions, the better of the two scores will be considered for the merit list. JEE Main B. Arch and B. Planning Result for January session has been declared on January 23, 2020.
JEE Main April 2020 – Exam Pattern
The candidates will be able to know how the exam will be conducted by checking the exam pattern of JEE Main April 2020 which includes the type of questions asked, exam duration, topics covered and much more.
JEE Mains 2020 April Session entrance test will be conducted on 5th, 7th, 8th, 9th & 11th April 2020.
Check the complete NTA JEE Main Exam pattern provided below, before starting your exam preparation:
- Exam Mode: The entrance test will be organized in online CBT mode. However, the drawing test of B.Arch Paper will be only held in offline mode.
- Number of Papers: The entrance exam will be held for B.E/B.Tech, B.Arch and B.Plan papers.
- Type of Questions: The questions in both the papers will be of objective type. As per new changes, the paper will also have questions in which answers are to be filled as numerical values. The drawing test of B.Arch paper will be of subjective type.
- Total Marks: Paper of B.E/ B.Tech will be of total 300 marks. While, B.Arch/ B.Plan will be of total 400 marks.
- Number of Questions: Paper of B.E/ B.Tech will consists of total 75 questions. B.Arch paper will have total of 77 questions and B.Plan paper will have total of 100 questions.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be given for every correct answer. 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Language Medium: The question paper will be available in English, Hindi, Gujarati & some other state languages.
- Time Duration: The time duration to complete the paper will be of 3 hours. Extra time of 1 hour will be provided to candidates with 40% disability (PwD candidates).
Check the section wise distribution of questions and marks for both the papers of JEE Main 2020:
For B.E/ B.Tech Paper:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
For B.Arch Paper:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
For B.Plan Paper:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Planning Based Questions-Part II||25|
JEE Main April 2020 – Syllabus
The syllabus comprises of all topics from each subject which are covered in the examination. The topic wise weightage of JEE Main April 2020 is highly uncertain, therefore, the students are advised to prepare the entire syllabus without skipping. JEE Main 2020 syllabus is mapped as per class 11 and class 12 NCERT textbooks to ensure uniformity across the country. The students comfortable with class 11th and 12th with PCM will find it simple while going through the syllabus of JEE Main 2020. They should have a thorough analysis of the entire syllabus and accordingly formulate a suitable preparation strategy. We have compiled a subject wise list here of all the chapters covered in the JEE Main April syllabus 2020.
JEE Main 2020 Cut Off
JEE Main Cut Off will be released by NTA in online mode.JEE Main Result for January 2020 session has been declared. Qualifying Cut off and Admission Cut off are different for JEE Main 2020. Qualifying Cut off is the minimum score required to sit for JEE Advanced 2020. Admission Cut off is the merit list based on the cut off which is used for the counselling process. The cut off is based on various factors such as the difficulty level of the exam, number of appeared students, category of the candidate, cut off trend over the years, number of candidates applying for a particular course etc.
The expected category wise qualifying cut off of JEE Main 2020 is as follows:
|OBC – NCL||73-76|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||53-56|
|Scheduled tribes (ST)||43-46|
JEE Main Qualifying Cutoff Trends
JEE Main Counselling 2020
The counselling of JEE Main 2020 will be conducted by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) in online mode. In order to participate in JEE Main counselling, the candidates have to register themselves on the official website and select their choice of course and college. The seat allotment will be done on the basis of score and choice filled by the candidates at the time of registration.
Steps involved in the JEE Main 2020 Counselling
The following are the steps to be followed by the candidates during the counselling of JEE Main 2020.
- Step-1: Online Registration
- Step-2: Online Choice Filling and Locking
- Step-3: Seat Allotment
- Step-4: Payment of Fee and Seat Acceptance
- Step-5: Documents Verification
- Step-6: Final Reporting at the Allotted Institute
JEE Main 2020 Preparation Tips
Follow the below provided preparation tips to score good marks and qualify the entrance test:
- Before starting the preparation, candidates must know the complete details of exam pattern, marking scheme and syllabus.
- While preparing for the exam, note down all the important points, concepts or formulas at one place. Revise these notes regularly.
- Prepare for the exam from the study material which is mostly recommended by other qualified candidates and experienced teachers.
- Students can solve previous year exam papers or sample papers to know the exam trend and type of questions coming in the exam.
JEE Main 2020 Participating Institutes
Candidates will get the list of JEE Main 2020 participating institutes along with the release of official brochure. Candidates who clear JEE Main will be eligible to apply for admission to participating institutes JEE Main 2020. Students can get the institutes which will be offering admissions based on their performance at the JEE Main 2020.
JEE Main Participating Institutes 2020
|Institute name||No. of Institutes||Total seats|
|National Institute of Technology (NITs)||31||17967|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs)||23||4023|
|Government Funded Technical Institutes (Other GFTIs)||20||4683|