CUCET 2020 Application Form will be released on 16th March 2020. The Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET) is organized through eleven central universities. It is the national level entrance test is held once. The aspirants wishing to apply for the exam will need to register and complete the application process.
This entrance test is conducted to offer admission into under graduate and post graduate courses. Admission is provided into B.Tech, B.Sc, Integrated B.Sc, M.Sc, M.A, etc. courses. To get admission into various central universities in UG/ PG courses, candidates have to qualify this test. Through this article, students can check more details about important dates, application form, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, result regarding CUCET 2020.
What is CUCET?
Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET) is an all-India level entrance exam conducted jointly by 14 central universities for admission in UG, PG, and Ph.D. courses offered in all the participating institutions. The online registration and filling up of the CUCET application form will commence from March 16, 2020 onwards and the last date to submit the application form is till April 11, 2020. The admit card will be released online on May 11, 2020 and the CUCET exam will be conducted on May 23 and 24, 2020.
The CUCET is conducted once a year across 120 cities in India. The exam is conducted in offline mode (pen & paper) which is of two hours. A total of 20 universities particpate, including 13 central universities and apart from them, Dr B R Ambedkar School of Economics (BASE) is also a participating institute for the exam. Central University of Rajasthan is the coordinating university for the exam, which invites applications from eligible students each year.
UG Courses: B.Tech, Integrated B.Tech, Integrated B.Sc., Integrated B.Ed., B.Sc., Integrated B.Sc., B.A. LLB, B.A., B.Des, etc.
PG Courses: B.Ed., LLM, M.A., M.Ed., M.Sc., M.Arch. M. Pharma, M.Tech, MBA, etc.
Candidates must meet the eligibility criteria set by the Central Universities in order to apply and appear for CUCET 2020. The eligibility criteria for CUCET 2020 are as follows:
- For UG: Students will need to have passed class XII from a recognized board to take admission in Bachelor’s degree programmes in the Central Universities. For General category, the candidate needs to secure a minimum 50 per cent in class XII, for SC/ST, candidates need to have secured a minimum of 45 per cent in class XII in order to be eligible for the CUCET 2020.
- For PG: Candidates applying for a master’s degree must possess a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university. Candidates applying for admission in the same field of Bachelor’s or different, need have secured a minimum of 55 per cent (General)/ 50 per cent (SC/ST) to be eligible for CUCET 2020.
- For PhD: Candidates applying for PhD programme must have a Master’s degree for a recognised university or institute to apply for admission in research programmes. The candidate needs to have secured a minimum of 55 per cent (Genera)/ 50 per cent (SC/ST) to be eligible for PhD programmes in the Central Universities.
Note: If a candidate has cleared UGC-CSIR JRF, GATE, NBHM or qualified in any other national level examination, they need not appear for the entrance test. However, the candidate will have to register for CUCET 2020.
|Full-Form||Central Universities Common Entrance Test|
|Exam Types||UG & PG Level|
|Exam Level||Central University Level|
|Courses Offered||Bachelor Degree holders & Master Degree holders|
|Conducting Body||Central Universities|
|Exam Date||23rd – 24th May 2020|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
Candidates can check below the official CUCET 2020 exam dates for various events:
|Commencement of online registration||16th March 2020|
|Last date of online submission||11th April 2020|
|Availability of admit card||11th May 2020|
|CUCET 2020 UG/PG Exam||23rd to 24th May 2020|
|Answer key release||25th May 2020|
|Grievances submission||26th to 28th May 2020|
|Uploading of final answer key||1st June 2020|
|Result||24th June 2020|
CUCET Application Form 2020
CUCET 2020 Application Form will be released on 16th March 2020. The CUCET 2020 Application Form must be filled at a significant time. The application can be completed with details correctly respectively. It is required to fill up the application form as per the specified instructions. The university will develop an official site to provide the students with the Application Forms for this CUCET 2020 Exam.
- The exam body will provide the application form via a specific online process.
- CUCET 2020 Application Form will be released on 16th March 2020.
- Candidates can be filled Application Form till 11th April 2020.
- Candidates can fill the application form in online mode.
- Candidates are required to fill complete details carefully in the form like educational details, personal details, etc.
- They need to select three universities and three courses at each university.
- It is required to attach the scanned image of signature and passport range between 10KB-100 KB and 5KB-20KB.
- The application fee can be paid through both online and offline mode.
- Candidates can pay online fee via debit card, credit card or net banking.
- Candidates can pay offline fees via e-Challan of SBI bank.
The category wise application fee is given below in the table:
|Category||Online Application fee||Application fee through Bank Challan|
|General/ OBC/ EWS||Rs. 800/-||Rs. 850/-|
|SC and ST||Rs. 350/-||Rs. 400/-|
Now coming to the Exam Pattern of CUCET 2020, you need to know the various schemes related to the exam to get success in the exam.
- One mark will be assigned to the correct option.
- There is a stipulation of negative marking. 0.25 marks will be removed for a respective incorrect option.
- Part-A would specify the topics in English Language, general awareness, mathematical aptitude, and analytical skills of 25 MCQs.
- Part-B would state the topics on Domain Knowledge which will be consisting of 75 MCQs.
- This part will include one/two/three sections with each comprises 25 questions.
- Mode: The exam will be conducted in Offline (Pen Paper-Based) mode.
- Time Duration: The time duration for each paper will be 2 hours.
- Type of Questions: The questions will be of multiple choice type.
- Total Questions: There will be a total of 100 questions asked in the exam.
- Marking: 1 mark awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Here we have mentioned the section-wise number of questions:
|Section English Language, General Awareness, mathematical aptitude, and analytic skill||25|
|Section IIDomain Knowledge||75|
Candidates can check below complete syllabus for UG and PG courses below:
Syllabus for UG Courses:
- Physics: Magnetics effect of current, matter, heat and thermodynamics, waves, electrostatics, current electricity, linear momentum and collision, rotational of rigid body about a fixed axis, measurements, motion in one dimension, motions in two dimensions, law of motions, power and energy, work
- Chemistry: Redox reactions, chemical bonding, general organic chemistry, thermodynamics, colligative properties of solutions, isomerism, polymers, periodic table, electrochemistry, catalysis, colloids, chemical equilibrium and kinetics, acid based concepts, solid state and petroleum, atomic structure
- Mathematics: Trigonometry, probability, algebra, dynamic and statics, calculus, vector, co-ordinate geometry
- Biology: Mechanism of organic evolution, origin of life, human genetics, animal physiology and comparison between periplanata and blatta, applied biology, protoplasm, ecology, cell differentiation plant tissue, stem and leaf, soil and photosynthesis
Syllabus for PG Courses:
- M.A./M.Ed. Courses: Culture and social change, education and philosophy, learning and motivation, growth and development, intelligence, current issue, personality, teaching process, method of teaching
- LLM Courses: Public international law, human rights law, property law, constitution, law of torts, criminal law- Indian panel law, law of evidence, criminal and women law, Labour law, environmental law, law relating the international trade
- You should analyze the curriculum in-depth and collect material to study.
- Manage time according to the level of difficulty of a particular topic.
- Review the questionnaires from the previous year and their solution.
- Continue reviewing the topic learned daily.
- Do not forget to maintain your health.
- Solve the online test, mock test and solve the previous year question papers.
- Eat healthy food and stay fit during the reparation period.
- Improve your English language skills by reading newspapers or from more sources.
CUCET 2020 exam will be held in various cities –
Exam Day Guidelines
Candidates appearing for the CUCET 2020 exam must read the exam day instructions mentioned on the admit card carefully. Candidates should also not forget to carry the below-mentioned documents to the allotted test centre on the day of the exam:
- CUCET admit card: CUCET 2020 admit card is a very important document to be carried to the test centre. Candidates not having their admit card on the day of the exam might not be allowed to give the paper.
- ID Proof: Candidates must also carry a valid and original photo ID proof to the exam centre. Documents that can be presented as an ID proof are Driving License, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar Card, etc.
- Photo: Candidates are also advised to carry a passport size photograph to the test centre. The photograph should preferably be the same as used at the time of filling CUCET application form.
Apart from knowing about the documents to be carried, candidates should also be aware about the things that should not be carried inside the exam hall. Some such things include calculators, mobile phones, watches, eatables, etc.
Candidates will be able to download their CUCET 2020 Admit cards on 11th May 2020. To download the admit cards candidates will have to enter their registration id and date of birth. The admit card will be available in online mode after the completion of application process.
Candidates are advised to check complete details in the admit card carefully i.e. exam center, time and date, address etc. before downloading the admit card. Candidates must bring their admit card on the exam day otherwise they will not be allowed to sit in the exam.
The exam conducting authority will release a provisional answer key for the students. Candidates can check the answer key through online mode on 25th May 2020. Through the answer key, candidates can calculate their marks obtained in the entrance exam.
If any candidate has any objection regarding the answer key, they can object the answer key with providing proof. After then, the final answer key will be released on 25th May 2020
Candidates can check their CUCET 2020 Results online on 24th June 2020. Results will be prepared by the authority on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance examination.
The central universities will prepare merit list for UG and PG students on the basis of marks obtained by the students in the exam. Results published online can be checked by the students by entering their User id and password
The Central Universities will release their CUCET 2020 cut off in online mode. The cut off will be prepared on the basis of candidates’ performance in the common entrance examination.
Candidates have to score cut off marks to be eligible for admission in the universities. The cut off will be prepared based on various factors like availability of seats, candidates’ performance in the exam, etc.
After the announcement of the results, shortlisted candidates will be allowed to attend the counselling rounds. The universities will organize their separate counseling in online mode. Through the counselling seats will be allotted to the candidates.
Candidates who wish to secure admission in participating universities are advised to fill the admission form of the respective university. On the day of counselling candidates have to carry admission form with various other required documents. Candidates have to carry original documents for admission procedure.
Candidates are advised to carry the documents required on the counselling day:
- 10th and 12th Mark sheets
- 10th and 12th certificates
- CUCET 2020 Score card
- Transfer Certificate
- Caste certificate
- CUCET 2020 Admission form
- Passport size photographs, etc.
CUCET 2020 Contact Information
The official website informs, “For enquiries related to courses and eligibility criteria, respective PUs, should be contacted.”
|Participating University||HelpDesk No.|
|Central University of Haryana||Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone No: 01285-249432|
|Central University of Jammu||Email Id: email@example.comPhone No: 8493867319 & 01923-249657 ext 206|
|Central University of Jharkhand||Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone No: +91-7654227570|
|Central University of Karnataka||Email Id: Coe@cuk.ac.inPhone No: 08477226756|
|Central University of Kashmir||Email Id: email@example.comPhone No: 0194-2315290, 08803426277|
|Central University of Kerala||Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone No: +91467 – 2232419, 2232405|
|Central University of Punjab||Email Id: email@example.comPhone No: 0164-2864109, 09464269330|
|Central University of Rajasthan||Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone No: 01463-238728|
|Central University of South Bihar||Email Id: email@example.comPhone No: +919430906504, 0612-2784113, 0612-2226538|
|Central University of Tamil Nadu||Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone No: 04366-277261|
Official Website: https://cucetexam.in/
Phone Number: 01463238728